What is Managed VPS Hosting?
As the name suggests, Managed VPS Hosting is a managed service where you need not worry about anything related to server management. In Managed VPS Hosting, your service provider takes care of server maintenance like updating the core, software installation, backup, security, and more. Thus, as a business owner, you need not worry about server management and can invest your time and concentration on growing your business further.
Managed VPS Hosting can be chosen by any business owner, irrespective of you have any technical experience or not, as it eases your work.
A Virtual Private Server, or VPS, works on the principle of virtualization, where a single physical server or host server is split into multiple virtualized environments. This is done through an application known as a hypervisor. Each VPS server mimics a Dedicated Server with a fixed allocation of resources. Unlike Shared Hosting, where all websites on the same server share a single IP address, each VPS server has its unique IP address. This leads to complete isolation from each other, where the traffic flow and security concerns of one website do not have any effect on the other websites hosted on the same server.
Based on the freedom of control you want on your server, a VPS plan usually comes in two flavors, namely, Managed VPS and Unmanaged VPS. Unmanaged VPS Hosting burdens the client with all the responsibility of managing the server. The hosting provider takes care of the availability of the server whereas all other responsibilities from configuration to installation of applications lie with the website owner. However, this is well suited for people who have an in-depth knowledge of managing the technicalities of the server. For the rest of us, we can find solace in Managed VPS Hosting.
In contrast to Unmanaged VPS Hosting, a managed plan gives away all major responsibilities such as core updates, software installation, and maintenance to the hosting provider. The hands-free approach lets new business owners concentrate on other aspects of the business without having to worry too much about the server. This makes it an ideal choice for people with no prior technical experience in managing the server and the hosting control panel.
Advantages of Managed VPS Hosting for New Website Owners
Some of the major functions that are controlled by your hosting provider as part of your Managed VPS plans are control panel setup, security auditing, software installation, on-call maintenance, troubleshooting, and hardware and software up-gradation.
- Improved server security: Although VPS Hosting is considered to be a secure hosting solution compared to Shared Hosting, much of it depends on its configuration. One of the major advantages of having your website hosted on a VPS Server is that you get complete root access. Full access to the server allows you to configure the server or install compatible applications to amplify the server’s security.
With a Managed VPS Hosting plan, the hosting provider configures the server to make it robust and impenetrable. This is usually done by installing necessary applications and removing unnecessary services which may be acting as a major roadblock in optimizing the server. Managed services also help you in making the most of your full root access.
- Improved performance and website speed: The importance of performance and website speed cannot be understated. Website speed can drive away a significant portion of your potential customers, a fact that a business website should be wary of. A website with a faster loading time has a better probability of ranking higher in the search engine algorithm. Also, it enhances user experience by reducing bounce rate, thereby improving engagement time on your website. More engagement means more business. With Managed VPS Hosting, the hosting provider takes care of your server to ensure robust performance from the backend. They are responsible for installing the latest updates and patches that make your website run smoothly in the frontend.
- Cost-effective: VPS Hosting provides a cost-effective solution for new website owners who are not yet ready to splash out money on purchasing a Dedicated Server. Although Managed VPS Hosting may appear to be a bit expensive on paper, it provides the most bang for your bucks.
Compared to Unmanaged VPS plans, it provides several additional features and services that make it a cost-effective plan, especially in the long run. An Unmanaged VPS plan may require you to purchase multiple applications and software to configure or secure your server. Thus, the long-term cost of an unmanaged plan may exceed far beyond the cost of a Managed VPS Hosting plan.
- Customer Support: Managed VPS Hosting offers better customer support round the clock. If you are a beginner, you would have many doubts regarding your hosting plan or server management. Managed hosting plan has a dedicated tech support team that takes care of the server management and availability. This allows you to run your website without any difficulty. In Unmanaged VPS plans, you do get expert customer support. However, the primary responsibility for managing the server infrastructure lies with you.
- Ease of use: Managed VPS Hosting provides the added advantage of an easy-to-use hosting solution for new website owners. Every single element needed to run your website is taken care of by the hosting provider, thereby making your experience of running your online business less tedious.
Should you go for it?
If you are a growing business whose goal is to increase your customer base and incoming traffic, then it is implied that you would be spending your resources and time planning the marketing and development activities to engage your customers better. At such a time, it would be a wise decision to choose Managed VPS Hosting, as it allows you to concentrate on the business aspect while the service provider takes care of the technical aspects of running your business website.
We understand the importance of time and resource management and offer fully Managed VPS Hosting with top-notch infrastructure, 24/7 system admin support, 99.9% uptime guarantee, easy upgrade, an intuitive dashboard, and much more so that you can focus on running your business.
I hope this article helped you gain a better understanding of what managed VPS hosting is and its advantages, and if you as a business owner should opt for it. If you have any questions or queries, feel free to leave them in the comments section below.